Hi I am Lee Tat Leong. Welcome to my blog. I am first and foremost a high school Physics teacher, with over 10 years of teaching experience, preparing my students for Singapore-Cambridge A-level. I have been using technology for learning since 2004, starting with proprietary simulation software, such as interactive physics, and shifting gradually towards open source tools (Tracker and Easy Java Simulations) and tools for open learning (google docs, etc). As an ICT mentor since 2010, I am doing my best to spread the integration of ICT in Physics.
As the Subject Head and then Head of Department for Education Technology for four years plus, I am convinced that professional development in ICT is one of the most important aspect of my job.
Current research and innovation focus
In the past two year I am working with a team of Physics teachers on the use of video capturing and student reflective annotation to foster critical thinking skill in scientific problem-solving.
In 2013, I hope to leverage ICT to change my classroom practices.
Sharing at seminars and conferences
Over the past five years, I had great opportunities to present and exchange my experiences with fellow like-minded educators on Physics education and the incorporation of ICT in Physics and beyond. This includes international conferences such as Raffles International Conference on Education 2008, Redesigning Pedagogy (2011). Local nationwide seminars/conferences such as Physics Instructional Programme Support Group (2009, 2011), Edutech (2010, 2011), National ICT sharing (2011), etc. 2012
- ICTLT 29 to 30 March 2012 (ICTLT_booklet) - Sharing of Tracker Video Analysis and Modelling Tool
- CPDD Sharing 14 March 2012
Conference/Research papers bearing my name
- Video Analysis and Modeling Tool for Physics Education: A workshop for Redesigning Pedagogy - arXiv.org 01/07/2012 (here)
- Using Tracker as a Pedagogical Tool for Understanding Projectile Motion - Physics Education, Volume 47, Issue 4, July 2012 (here)
- Using Tracker as a Pedagogical Tool for Understanding Projectile Motion - arXiv.org 27/06/2012 (here)
- VIDEO ANALYSIS AND MODELING TOOL FOR PHYSICS EDUCATION: A WORKSHOP FOR REDESIGNING PEDAGOGY - Redesigning Pedagogy 2011 (here)
- Entropy production and destruction in models of material evaporation - Journal of Physics D, Issue 34, 2001 (here)