06 Work Energy Power
Recap: Describe the motion of the bouncing ball
Recap: Sketch s-t, v-t and a-t graphs
- Describe the conversion of energies during the motion from point of release to just before hitting the surface
- Explain why the returned height after each bounce is less
Task: To investigate the height of bounce
- Investigate whether the reduction in returned height is due to the following two possible theory or due to other relations?
- constant ratio of height reach after bounce to max height before bounce
- constant ratio of velocity immediately after bounce to velocity immediately before bounce
- What could be the mathematical difference between the two theories?
Knowledge to complete activity
- Conservation of energy
- Kinetic and potential energy