An object (eg. a rubber ball) is dropped from the 4th floor.
- Predict the motion of the ball.
As a group, design a experiment to investigate the motion of a ball dropped from the 4th floor. Appoint a group leader and a scribe/photographer for the activity.In your account youshould pay particular attention to
- the variables you will consider for falling objects,
- the apparatus you use,
- the procedure to be followed,
- any safetyprecautions you would take,
Represent the data collected in a manner that helps you to justify your predication of the motion of a falling object.
Identify the possible error(s) in your experiment.
(Hint: You will probably need to
- refer to the height measurement task that you did on Monday 7/1/13
- use Movie app/CoachMVideo app to capture the fall
- use CoachMVideo app for frame-by-frame and for position/timing)
- Email completed softcopy writeup before 1159 pm on 13/1/13. We need the data for the lesson on Mon 14/1/13.
- Complete the questions found here before 14/1/13.
Some suggested apps or tools for writeup:
- Evernote - type, sketch (with skitch), insert photos, etc
- Note - type only
- Pic Collage - difficult to type but very good for visual representation using photos
- Google Docs - easier to use on laptop/desktop, easy to collaborate on the same document
Using google drive to manipulate data
You need a Google account, download iOS google drive and log in.